Marine Depot Forums

Replacement API Test Tubes

Posted By TheKuhli 6/18/2009 12:40:45 PM
Add to Favorites1
TheKuhli
 Posted 6/18/2009 12:40:45 PM

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11/18/2009 12:08:31 PM
Does anyone know where to get replacement test tubes for API test kits or Marine Depot carry these in the near future? My cats decided to jump on the counter while the tubes were drying and they don't play well with tile floors... doh!!

The only place I've found them is here at pet mountain and I'd prefer to order them from my preferred retailer BigGrin
argi
 Posted 6/19/2009 8:07:24 PM

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday @ 5:01:01 PM
Hi TheKuhli,

Welcome to the Marine Depot ForumsSmile.

I would suggest giving a call to MD or send them an email (customercare@marinedepot.com) to see if they have any extra's they might be able to send you.  Otherwise I know some of the local fish stores in my area carry them, so you may want to check with your local shops as well.

HTH,

Keith

"Simply put, you believe that things or people make you unhappy, but this is not accurate. You make yourself unhappy." Wayne Dyer

MoPe
 Posted 7/15/2009 10:07:23 AM

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7/15/2009 10:02:37 AM
TheKuhli (6/18/2009)
Does anyone know where to get replacement test tubes for API test kits or Marine Depot carry these in the near future? My cats decided to jump on the counter while the tubes were drying and they don't play well with tile floors... doh!!

The only place I've found them is here at pet mountain and I'd prefer to order them from my preferred retailer BigGrin

It is best to use a syringe, as the API and most test kits "line" of 5ml or 2.5ml is highly inaccurate. A syringe is a more accurate way of taking water contents to be measured.

5ml of water is about 1/4 above the actual "line". You will get far more accurate readings using this method.