eheim professional II won't prime

Posted By inkedagain 7/20/2008 8:11:38 AM
Add to Favorites1
inkedagain
 Posted 7/20/2008 8:11:38 AM

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7/20/2008 10:58:04 AM
Hi!

My hubby was up till 3AM trying to get our new tank set up, and was having difficulty with 2 different areas.

1) filter model is 2028, and he can't get it to prime. As I said above, it was in perfect working order when given to us by a friend that no longer has room for his 2 giant tanks.
Any ideas? He has tried taking out some of the filter medium, but still no go.

2) Heater unit is rainbow Lifeguard heater module AF91-19. He thinks he has it set up right, but apparently it matters which side is in & which is out. So should the water be sucked into the bottom, down the little tube & out, or in the bottom, UP the little tube, through the main cylinder & out the bottom?

As you can tell, I'm not the aquarium person he is, but he won't ask for help!!!::

Anything you can tell me would be great!

Thanks!
argi
 Posted 7/20/2008 12:09:58 PM

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday @ 1:24:59 PM
Hi Inkedagain,

Welcome to the Marine Depot ForumsSmile.

Do you have the manual for the filter?  If not you can find it here.  That might help some with making sure it is set up properly.

Unfortunately I haven't set one of these up before so I am not too familiar with the priming, but I think it is just a matter of pushing the priming button.  Also double check the instructions.  I don't recall if the tubes need to be empty or full for the prime to work.

You can see a diagram of how the heating unit works here.

HTH,

Keith

"Simply put, you believe that things or people make you unhappy, but this is not accurate. You make yourself unhappy." Wayne Dyer