Marine Depot Forums

Never Again!

Posted By 4Mike 2/6/2013 5:20:33 PM
Add to Favorites0
4Mike
 Posted 2/6/2013 5:20:33 PM

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3/3/2013 3:53:43 PM
Never again will I run a tank with a hang on siphon. My last two tanks have been 180's with 40 gal sumps and until recently have been happy with them. Both tanks, unfortunately, were not drilled so I had to rely on siphons. I was happy with my last tank for two years. I was running two large Silent Giant pumps that pumped a large volume of water through the system. On this tank I had a very large multi-piped siphon to handle the volume of water. As it happened, one night while enjoying my tank I noticed a difference in the sound coming from the siphon and didn't pay much attention to it. As the days went by it grew louder until the siphon would surge to almost empty to the very top of container almost overflowing. I panicked and shut everything down and waited a few minutes are restarted the system and siphon. Everything was back to normal until 2 weeks later, then it started all over again... This time I took everything apart,, cleaned, reset all sensors, pumps, connections, everything. After starting the system again, Wow! It started again
That was it!!! broke it all down and now I've gone to the closed system......

Never Again!!!