Marinedepot.com Forums
Korallin Additives, Calcium Reactors & Filters

Marine Depot Forums

questions setting up my Aquasystem 100 (closed system)

Posted By 4Mike 2/6/2013 2:15:44 AM
Add to Favorites1
4Mike
 Posted 2/6/2013 2:15:44 AM

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3/3/2013 3:53:43 PM
I am stepping down from a large tank to the closed system tank. On the back of the tank there are three chambers. I'm planing on running a Aqua chiller and a UV pump in my first chamber, the second chamber is a Bio Filter and the last I will have a Remoria-hang On Skimmer and a Sump pump. There is two gates that allow the water to flow into the chambers. My question is I also have a 25 Watt Aqua UV light and plan on running about 450 GPH through the light to obtain 80,000 which should control most fish disease, I have been considering running the pump in the first chamber and straight out into the aquarium. My sump pump is rated at 352 GPH which should allow a moderate flow through the Bio Filter. My concern is the out flow from the chambers will be more than the gates can handle. Rather that run the UV into the aquarium should I run it through the sump line instead. The water flow would be quite low for the UV filter...
What would you do? Run the UV straight into the aquarium or the sump pump?
Thanks
Mike
argi
 Posted 2/6/2013 11:19:23 AM

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 13 hours ago
Is this going to be a reef system or a fish only system? How many gallons is the tank?

If the baffles/gates can't handle the higher flow I think there is only one choice to go with Smile.

Keith

"Simply put, you believe that things or people make you unhappy, but this is not accurate. You make yourself unhappy." Wayne Dyer

2/6/2013 11:19:41 AM by argi
4Mike
 Posted 2/6/2013 4:58:11 PM

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3/3/2013 3:53:43 PM
Hmm! after thinking over night, I'm ging to move the higher GPH pump over and replace the sump pump. It probably will over flow the Bio filter but, hopefully, The Bio Filter will still function, draining through the different layers of material and exiting out the bottom. Try as I might I have been unable to find out the recommended flow for the Bio Filter No luck contacting the manufacturer.