Marinedepot.com Forums
Korallin Additives, Calcium Reactors & Filters

Marine Depot Forums

BP OIL SPILL AFTERMATH - ONGOING & DISTURBING....READ ON....

Posted By CTReefer 4/24/2012 2:55:54 PM
Add to Favorites0
CTReefer
 Posted 4/24/2012 2:55:54 PM

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4/25/2012 5:10:36 PM

Hi All: This is not good news & is the continuing saga of the BP Oil Disaster! Rather than make comments, you can read for yourselves. I fear that this will only become significantly worse as time rolls on....VERY DISTURBING...

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2012/04/201241682318260912.html

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/4/23/gulf_oil_spill_bp_execs_escape

Steve
Noctiluca
 Posted 4/24/2012 4:02:02 PM

Last Active: 4/14/2014 12:09:44 AM
Very disturbing to say the least. What also bothers me, living in Texas, are all the adds I continue to see on TV about the gulf coast and it's apparent resilience. Adds from Texas, Alabama, Mississippi. and Florida which basically state that everything is back to "normal" are all sponsored by BP. IMO disgusting, misleading, irresponsible, and outright heresy.

Tom
" Living life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, there is no point". Billy Graham
Ole Kekkonen
 Posted 4/25/2012 1:07:14 PM

Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:00:02 PM
hi,could the shrimp be this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physetocaris
Adults have no eyes, and are missing the last segment of the first pereiopod, which is therefore unable to form a claw
, other than that im speaklessSick people scare the shit out of meWow
4/25/2012 1:12:56 PM by Ole Kekkonen
Ron Shimek
 Posted 4/25/2012 4:05:22 PM

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 1/4/2013 12:31:10 AM
Hi,

Yeah, as the immortal Mr. Berra is said to have said, "It is deja vu, all over again."

Different stage, different props, different players, but basically the same play as the Exxon Valdez debacle. I had some direct experience with that one when I was a lot younger, and a lot more naive. I actually expected over the long run, that Exxon would, at least, suffer some inconvenice from the legal actions and such.

Nope. And it will take "geological time" - 10,000+ years - to fix the damage. I suspect the same sort of scenario will play out in the Gulf.

I guess in the vernacular of our times, they were too big to ... do things properly with regard to the clean-up, er... take responsibility, er... get punished appropriately, er... fail. I did see in the news a few days ago that the ship that once was named the Exxon Valdez, has just been sold to salvagers in India to be broken up and recycled. It is too bad the same thing can't won't be done to oil company executives; put 'em under the knife, open them up, harvest and transplant what can be transplanted or used, and flush the rest.